Monday, October 31, 2011

Zombie Apocalypse
                It all started with a deadly pandemic.  People were dying everywhere.  Then the virus mixed with Ebola, and all things evil fell to earth.  Dead and dying people began to show signs of being infected with Ebola, but instead of dying like most Ebola victims, they began to act like the common zombies of lore, biting people, and infecting them with this new strain of virus that controlled your thoughts and actions.
            Day 1
John, Sam, and I decided that we should hole up in Mr. C’s portable.  We reinforced all of the walls with stainless steel plating, and barred all of the windows.  We got shotguns, and 20 years’ worth of ammo in a second floor that we built.  We began to build a basement, walling off the ground below us.  We finished this continuation of the portable.  Then the screaming began.  The infected had reached CVMS, and all not prepared were doomed to a fate worse than death.
            Day 10
Strangely, the zombies avoided the portable.  It must have been the ample victims that stopped them from bothering us those first nights.  Then came the nights when they only went after us.  There was no sleep.  There was no rest.  Everything blurred into listen, stick gun out window crack, and fire.  Then, there was silence.  It was worse than the screams of the dead and dying.  It gave us goose bumps like none of the zombie moans could have.  That was the day they found out how to crawl through the ventilation shafts.  They began to fall out of the pipes above us.  Hundreds upon hundreds fell through the ceiling.  We lost John that night to zombie bites.  We moved into the basement, and walled up the ceiling.  Our only hope was that all of the zombies would starve.
            Day 26
I lost Sam to starvation.  The zombies were eating each other.  There goes one hope.  Maybe all of the zombies would eat each other?
            Day 30
Someone from another portable dug through to ours.  Apparently we weren’t the only ones who decided to hide in a portable.  They had plenty of food, but not enough weapons.  They had armored their portables roofs from the start.  I decided to move over to their portable, and brought all of my supplies with me.
            Day 45
They think all of the zombies are gone.  Fools!!  I will laugh at their corpses from outside their portable that they armored.

            Day 46
No, NO!  They plan on opening the doors to see the sky!  I tell them of their insanity.  The zombies are still out there!  They leave me no choice.  I will stop them from opening us all to the plague.  I WILL STOP THEM!!
            Day 47
It is done.  When they were about to doom us all, I shoved them out, and then locked the door again.  I heard their dying screams as the zombies ate them.  I am not the only one starving.
            Day 50
I don’t hear the zombies.  Did I dream it all?  Maybe it is safe to go outside.  I can hear John and Sam calling me.
            Day 51
I keep hearing all the people of portable 6 dying over and over.  I will not open the doors!
            Day 55
John calls me.  I must open the doors, to save him from the zombies.  I must.
            Day 56
I saw my friends out a window.  They are beckoning me.  I am going to open the door.  As I open, I see several hands, flesh hanging loosely off the bones, helping me to open.  I am coming out to meet my new friends.

2 comments: